Guest Post: By Ethan Anderson, CEO & Founder of MyTime
There’s a sea change going on right now in how we use our smartphones to interact with everyday local businesses around us. Sites like Yelp and YP.com have traditionally helped us look up basic business information like phone numbers and addresses, and even see some reviews for them. But a new breed of apps is going one step further by helping us actually schedule services like transportation, housing, and food — via apps like Uber, Airbnb, and GrubHub — in record time with minimal clicks and no phone calls.
[CEO Spotlight Interview: Meet Ethan Anderson, Founder & CEO MyTime – FaceTime Interview]
We got excited about that trend and built an app called MyTime, which brings this convenience of booking in just a few taps to the underserved $350B local services industry. Just like that, we’ve made it possible to book appointments online with over 2 million businesses in the US across 80+ services — things like massages, haircuts, oil changes, and more. At MyTime, we’ve made booking a haircut as easy as making a reservation on OpenTable.
In just three months, one million users have come to our site and mobile app to book appointments. Customers are using our service to get what they want, when they want it. For example, over 40% of bookings on MyTime are made outside of normal business hours with an average lead-time of only 1.8 days — including many same-day appointments. People can now take care of things on their own time rather than having to work around everyone else’s schedule.
To power this experience, we’ve built some impressive under-the-hood technology to integrate with the online calendars of thousands of local businesses, allowing us to show their real-time availability, services, and employees. The elegant and simple design of the app helps you easily search for what you want, as well as view and book the existing businesses you’ve been to.
If you’re new to MyTime, here are some great benefits you can expect:
- Search Nearby – Easily see businesses near you with open appointment times. Check out photos, online reviews, and descriptions of the businesses.
- MyTime Verified Reviews – Read reviews from actual customers who have booked through MyTime.
- Off-peak pricing – Many businesses have discounted off-peak times exclusively on MyTime, so it’s easy to find a deal.
- Reminders – Get reminded when you’re overdue for an appointment (or just set the app to automatically rebook you).
- Package discounts – Get rewarded for your loyalty by buying a package of appointments at a discounted price.
- SMS Tipping – Leave the cash at home! You can easily add a tip to your appointment via text message.
With MyTime, you’re only a few taps away from your next appointment. Use code FRIENDS to get $10 off your first MyTime booking!
- MyTime is available online at www.mytime.com or www.mytime.com/iphone
- Web, iOS, Android (coming soon)
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mytime-book-all-your-appointments/id703938884
- Android (coming soon–sign-up to be notified!): https://docs.google.com/a/mytime.com/forms/d/1XgxpA-HBUqVXyKrRGR2O2vaP80N5up87IqQ1ix1excw/viewform
- From Any Web Browser: mytime.com
- Meet Ethan Anderson in his FaceTime Interview