This online course is taught by a Francie Black, a professional corporate trainer in a friendly, step by step method so that you can follow along and do the steps with the instructor. If you prefer to watch and listen, that works great too!
This course is designed to give you complete confidence in your knowledge of Excel. You will learn core features that you will use and build on throughout the course as we increase our knowledge of key features.
We start with a blank workbook and will build out multiple sheets from entering values to calculations and functions, all the way to building charts and updating data series.
This course is titled Beginning Excel but actually covers intermediate topics, too!
Can you answer these questions?
- What is the difference between workbooks, spreadsheets, templates, sheets, file?
- What is the difference between labels and values and why is that important?
- Can you confidently use and modify calculations and average, sum, min and max formulas?
- When should you convert your data to a table range and what are the pro’s and con’s?
- How do I sort and filter my data by multiple criteria?
- How do I add a series to a data range and have a chart automatically update?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, then this course is for you!
By the end of this course:
- You will be a confident Excel user.
- You will have the skills to say “I know how to use Excel” to any employer.
- Not only will you will be able to create and modify worksheets. You will be able to analyze and filter your data and create charts and graphs.
- Although this course is titled as a beginning level course, it covers many intermediate level topics.
- This vs. That. We cover several features that are commonly confused because they have similar functionality (and names). We will distinguish the features and learn when you should use one feature instead of the other.
- This course will give a solid understanding of key concepts in Excel.
- Learn Tips & Tricks all Along the Way!
- Build Worksheets from Scratch
- Edit and Modify Worksheets
- Format worksheets
- Understand Print Options
- Work with Data Ranges
- Sort, Filter, Analyze Data
- Build & Edit Chart Data
- This course is excellent for someone brand new to Excel, newer to Excel or someone who has used Excel for a while but is not confident with the many program features.
- Users new to Excel
- Users newer to Excel
- Excel users that have used a limited number of features
- Excel users that have used Excel but are not confident with the many program features
- Haven’t used Excel in a while and need a refresher course
- Have used Excel for Windows and want to have a solid understanding of Excel for Mac
- Anyone who wants to confirm their knowledge of Excel before jumping into additional features such as pivot tables & extensive formulas
Note for Excel for Windows Users:
Although this course is based on Excel for Mac 2011, all of the Excel features exist in Windows based versions of Excel. Commands may be in slightly different locations but all content applies.
- Lifetime access to 62 lectures (great for refresher or reference!)
- 3+ hours of content
- A community of 100+ students learning together
Come on in and join us! We look forward to having you!